Technical Project Manager
Mercaux is a B2B SaaS In-Store Platform that aims to transform traditional retail by bringing digital capabilities into physical stores and connecting offline and online channels.
Founded by Harvard Business School alumni, Mercaux works with clients like Nike, Karen Millen, Under Armour, French Connection and many others, across more than 10 countries.
Our in-store solution empowers sales people with all the data and content at their fingertips, brings online and offline together, connects head office with stores in real-time, all to help retailers provide unique in-store customer experiences and increase sales. Initial retailers who adopted the software have seen 5+% store sales increase.
As we scale, we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our hugely talented, passionate team and help us become #1 Retail In-store Transformation company. As our Technical Project Manager, you’ll play a key role in seamlessly integrating and supporting our software within our high-profile retail clients. You’ll work closely with their teams and our Internal Sales and R and D functions to assist in pre-sales, manage implementations and facilitate new functionalities.
This role will suit you if you’re an energetic, technically biased Project Manager, with at least 5 years in a technical role that might encompass any of the following: Solution Architect, Implementation Manager, Technical Project Manager or technical pre-sales role. You may even work for a retailer, in data exchange, product catalogues, etc. You’ll love the thought of working in a fast-scaling startup and understand the rewards and challenges of what that means!
As part of your day to day responsibilities you will:
- Support existing clients and ensure all data is captured & issues are investigated and rectified thoroughly.
- Act as the key interface between Mercaux and our clients and partners.
- Conduct pre-sales activities that will include client-facing responsibility. You’ll attend client meetings and explain our solutions to a client, from an integration standpoint, and answer critical technical questions.
- Manage the integration process for new clients & coordinate delivery of the Mercaux product to go-live launch date.
- Become the technical project lead after a deal is closed. You’ll work closely with our Client Success team throughout the integration process.
- Take a key role in the launch of new clients or new functionalities. Post sale, you’ll liaise closely with both internal and external technology teams to assist in the design of the integration, identify feeds (product, inventory and images) and agree on data export and capture mechanisms.
- Create associated documentation on each integration.and provide post integration support.
- Deal with multiple integration teams and data sources.
- Monitor and ensure that data updates are captured daily. Once collected, the data should be sorted into datasets for analysis and investigation by both Mercaux and our clients.
- Analyse and investigate any concerns, bugs or discrepancies, using SQL and other tools, and work with the development team to offer client solutions quickly and effectively.
- Build effective, long-term working relationships with Mercaux partners.
As well as the technical experience outlined above, you’ll have:
- A commercial approach – you’ll be able to translate technical requirements into business terms and communicate these to our clients
- Excellent data analysis skills. You’ll have experience of data warehousing or similar and be able to transfer data into readable datasets. You should be able to disseminate the information to understand potential issues, client or internally, & relay that information to the right eams, or offer quick & effective solutions.
- Experience of different tools for data analysis, specifically SQL, and ideally (but not essential) pandas, jupyter etc and advanced Excel. We’d love you to be able to write some SQL code at least.
- Strong database skills, you’ll be able to retrieve data through SQL commands, and also have a good knowledge of API’s – HTTP API requests.
- A demonstrable ability to read and write technical documentation.
- An understanding of different data formats, XML, CSV, JSON, etc
- Superlative written and verbal communications skills. You’ll be able to explain and inform to internal and external technical and non-technical stakeholders, including our clients. You’ll also be strong at building working partnerships with our clients.
- Experience in working cross-functionally, effectively and calmly. You’ll be adept at working with internal Sales teams to support client projects, and working out solutions with R & D.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Your approach and attributes
- Excellent organisational capabilities and time management. You’ll be able to project plan successfully, meet timelines and prioritise effectively.
- Be happy working flexibly, Mercaux is a busy environment where priorities will change quickly, and you should be able to respond accordingly.
- Passionate about helping us to grow.
- Proactive and curious – always looking for ways to improve and also to gain a great understanding of our client needs. You’ll keep up to date with emerging tech as a matter of course.
- Persistence – you won’t give up until a problem is solved.
- Ownership – able to own your own tasks and responsibilities and create logical, business critical processes.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you could be our TPM. Please tell us more, not just through your CV!
Nicole Humphrey, Talent Lead
< Back to the list of vacancies