Chief Marketing Officer
Mercaux is a B2B SaaS In-Store Platform that aims to transform traditional retail by bringing digital capabilities into physical stores and connecting offline and online channels. Founded by Harvard Business School alumni, Mercaux works with clients like Nike, Karen Millen, Under Armour, French Connection and many others, across more than 10 countries. Our in-store solution empowers sales people with all the data and content at their fingertips, brings online and offline together, connects head office with stores in real-time, all to help retailers provide unique in-store customer experiences and increase sales.
As we scale, we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our hugely talented, passionate team. As our Chief Marketing Officer, you’ll lead and own our Marketing function and will play a key role in helping us to become #1 Retail In-store Transformation company. You’ll develop and execute a demonstrably successful marketing strategy together with our Founders and Sales team, and build an A-Class Marketing team to support you as you help us achieve our growth.
This role will suit you if you’re a visionary marketing professional with at least 3 years senior Marketing experience in a fast-growing Series A-C B2B software/SaaS company. Ideally you’ll have worked either as the right hand of the CMO, or you’ll have had a role as Head of Marketing or similar. You must understand the complexities and challenges of working in a growing B2B startup and your strategic approach will be underpinned by a willingness to be hands-on and delve into the detail when required.
As part of your day to day responsibilities you will:
- Work closely with the CEO and the executive team to define messaging, positioning, brand identity, "marketecture" of the Mercaux solution
- Be responsible for execution of all marketing activities, from lead generation and nurturing via integrated campaigns, including Account Based Marketing, to content creation, to offline events management and marketing KPI reporting and tracking
- Lead and manage the development and execution of growth and retention strategies, both online and offline.
- Work across all marketing channels to create a coherent, visionary strategy
- Develop our inbound lead channel significantly, through website optimisation, creating simple, yet effective collateral to assist with Lead Response Management and tradeshows and events and work with our Sales team to support their outbound activities. You’ll take and recommend appropriate calls to to action and nurture these through to conversion.
- Create relevant, topical offline & significant digital content, including insightful, newsworthy, targeted whitepapers.
- Organise and develop a mean and lean team to provide quality content to support sales and establish Mercaux as the Retail Digital Transformation leader.
- Manage the Marketing Budget, Plan and Calendar. Prove ROI in terms of execution & constantly monitor performance against spend.
- Keep constantly up-to-date on technological and retail developments to enable us to maximise opportunities and develop our product offerings.
As well as your Marketing experience outlined above, you’ll also:
- Be able to employ emerging technology to identify trends, and gain insights to address customer behavioural changes. You’ll use data to link marketing activity directly to business success.
- Use critical thinking to find the best solution to a problem and to do this you’ll be technically savvy - able to analyse data using up to the minute tools.
- Be able to maintain consistency in the brand, both internally and externally.
- Display a strong storytelling ability underpinned by a qualitative and quantitative results-driven approach.
- Show demonstrable business acumen to support and drive our business strategy, incorporate analytics and technologies appropriately, and seamlessly integrate digital efforts into our business.
- Have managed a marketing budget within a small business to achieve the best outcomes.
- Be incredibly agile in your approach - the retail landscape is ever changing, we need to adapt our marketing strategies constantly to address sector developments.
- Be able to gain a profound understanding of our customers / stakeholders and their needs, to know how to engage with them, understand and analyse their journey.
- Be comfortable in being hands-on across all marketing channels, underpinned with a strategic foresight.
- Have experience in managing and inspiring a small, talented team.
- Display strong communication skills across all platforms, able to present to our Board, work with internal stakeholders across all teams, and engage with external stakeholders where necessary.
- Have demonstrable experience in managing Marketing events, plans, PR and the Marketing calendar.
- You’ll remain calm and motivate when under pressure.
- You’ll have great people development skills.
- A consummate team player - able to execute strategies through organisational partnerships, both internal and external (working with Sales, Mercaux Partners)
- Curious - always looking for reasons - and ways to improve, as well as a constant process to understand our client - and end user behaviour and journeys.
- Organisational skills - you’ll be used to managing & executing many different projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Entrepreneurial - you’ll display vision, inspiration and innovation.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you could be our CMO. Please tell us more, not just through your CV!
Press About Us:
- TechCrunch: https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/13/mercaux-bags-4-5m-to-help-bricks-and-mortar-retail-tool-up-to-sell-more/
- The Times “Future of Retail”: https://raconteur.uberflip.com/i/1089617-future-of-retail-2019
firstname.lastname@example.org (Olga Kotsur, Founder)
email@example.com (Nicole Humphrey, Talent Acquisition)
Please copy both of us!
< Back to the list of vacancies